Rules & Regulations
Please note that there are 2 adult classes open to all (Handicrafts and Beverages), the remainder of the adult classes are CLOSED to residents of Longbridge Deverill, Hill Deverill and Crockerton and anyone working in these villages only. Childrens classes are OPEN to any children.
All entry forms to be handed in along with payment to either 1 Manor Farm Cottages, The Marsh, Longbridge Deverill BA12 7EA or hand into The George Inn, Longbridge Deverill.
Closing date is 10pm Thursday 8th August 2019
ONE ENTRY FORM PER PERSON
(1) All classes must be the work of the exhibitor and produced within the last 6 months and must not have been entered into other competitions (wine can be up to 12 months).
(2) Exhibits MUST NOT be removed from the Show before 4.30 p.m. and must be cleared by
5.30 p.m. or the exhibit will be disposed of as we are unable to hold onto them.
(3) All exhibits are displayed at owner’s risk.
(4) Children’s exhibits – aged 6 and under are allowed a small amount of help from an adult but class 7-11 and 12-15 must be their own work and not printed from the internet except for Digital Art.
(5) Entries for Eggs must be from your own free range chickens. (Not Cadburys Cream Eggs Kevin!!!)
Exhibitors will be handed an entry card on arrival which is to be displayed upside down with your entry. This will not show your name or any personal details to allow un-biased judging. Displaced or altered cards will be disqualified
Prizes and trophies will be awarded at the end of the show approximately 6pm. Outside the exhibit tent. An announcement will be made. Cups will need to be handed back to the committee for engraving. Cups to be returned to a committee member no later than 1 month prior to the next show. In the event of a tie winners to share the cup for an equal amount of time.
All exhibits must be placed in the marquee between 8.30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. on 10th August 2019. Exhibitors must leave the tent by 10:00 a.m. Judging will take place between 10.30am and 12.00 noon Marquee will reopen at 12.30pm.
The Judges’ decisions shall be final.
Entry fees Click here to Download Entry Form
Children classes: Free
All other classes 50p per class
Cups will be presented at 6pm on day of show so photos can be taken etc please then hand them back so they can be engraved. Once cups have been engraved a committee member will contact you to arrange collection/drop off. All trophies remain the property of Longbridge Deverill Flower Show and must be returned to a committee member at least 4 weeks prior to next show.
The Dog Show
Can be entered before hand or on the day using the downloadable entry form. £1 per class. Judging will be done by an independent person. Rosettes will be awarded at the end of each class.